Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Real Work

ALERT --> (never put this word in an email subject, it only causes managers to be alert)

I am on my last day here in Europe which surprisingly has seemed like my longest trip EVER!

I had a joint meeting with a partner and our EMEA sales folks this morning that went amazingly well. Typically I am not on my game at 8am, but with some kind of "miracle" I was able to fake it. I firmly believe there should be a law against doing business before 10AM, unfortunatly that law would probably be circumvented by some obscure German regulation.

I walked around the ISC expo and was quite surprised at how small the world was. My vote for most "random" appearance was Sean Copp a sales monkey from Tailspin/Cisco. I have worked with Sean quite a bit over the last couple of years...but never would I have imagined either the US government letting him out, or the German government letting him in ;-) (smile Sean, you know I like you).

I had a great dinner with our UK BDE folks where they informed me that us Americans treat them like a "51st state". They suggested I mention to AMD folks (thus the blog entry) that at one point they did settle our great nation, provide us the provocation to kick them out, and taught us how to properly fight a war. Oh, and they let us have a wonderful tea party in Boston which was one of their many contributions, therefore they think we Americans should consider them a seperate and equally significant country.

I am cheap I know, but seriously....this AA flight I found is cool.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I sold my Cisco stock. How much longer can Infiniband survive? The cables, lack of competition in silicon production and complications in the SW stack all seem to be killing it slowly.

Maybe Cisco should be the white night and figure out a better solution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home